Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Japan.

Yeah yeah I haven't posted in a while but who cares? Anyways today in Italian class my italian teacher brought up something that caught my attention. Apparently tomorrow during lunch there is going to be this meeting about this group of people who send students abroad to other countries to learn about different cultures and stuff. I asked him if it's possible to go to Japan and my italian teacher said that yes it is. Apparently if I go I need to fill in this application, write an essay, and get interviewed to be able to go. Oh I have to write the countries that I would like to go visit and that's what the essay is for i'm assuming. I'm not exactly sure of all the details since I didn't go to the meeting yet, but Japan is definitely going to be my number one. It's going to be really hard to go since like only a few people are selected to actually go. If you do go you go during the summer and stay there for a month or maybe longer. I really hope I get to go and if I do Alin will have a non-sacred peaceful summer.

4 comments:

Chi said...

xD; the french classes go every summer to France. well, only if they want to.

je ne sais pas beaucoup (x-x forgot how to spell it) du francais.

Alin Linderman said...

I can just see it now. Sacred, sitting in a chair to small for him, facing one of those long desks with 5 adults behind them. The Dumbledore-ish one will then lean forward, look down at some sheet in front of him, probably Sacred's permanent file, and ask his first question, "Do you speak Japanese?"

Sacred will then mention that he knows a few phrases, and the whole board will just mutter in unison with a clearly audible "tsk tsk."

They will then pull out his essay, look it over and ask the important question, "Why do you deserve this more than the other applicants?"

Sacred, being thoroughly prepared for such a question, will then rant on about how he's already dreamed of going to Japan, how devoted he is to the Japanese culture, and detail his interests in Japanese culture and technology.

The board would then dismiss Sacred and he would believe he had had a pretty good interview, until the announcements, which is when he will learn he wasn't chosen.

He would then find himself inexplicably in a teacher's classroom during lunchbreak. spilling out his dissapointment, and questioning why he wasn't chosen.

The teacher would then explain the obvious. Sacred was merely too normal. His interview was vastly similar to every other anime/video gamer/manga reader who had applied. Those others had spouted that they had such passion for Japanese culture and yet had not mentioned anything cultural in their interviews besides Japanese sterotypes from animes/manga/video games.

Sacred, realizing his foolishness, would then resolve to learn more about present day Japan, and find himself tirelessly searching the infamous Wikipedia for current and relevant information, aspiring to be accepted for the next year's trip.

Anonymous said...

-Goes research about japanese culture. Oh the essay questions are quite unusual. I got the application today so I shall blog about it soon.

Chi said...

xD what a great story-comment alin...it's so long too...why? >< when you said you posted a lnong comment on your blog i thought you meant on some other random person's blog. i should play p4 now..i will..soon-ish...you're not that far ahead of me. although you do stay up late playing. ok maybe i am far from you...probably a few months? xD i'm still in the summer break month(s).